Follow by Email

There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, 17 February 2011

Official statistics hide true increase in cost of living

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/feb/15/official-statistics-hide-severity-uk-inflation

I think there's some truth in that. certainly housing costs are huge, especially lower down the scale. But I wonder how much the general public are really a part of this debate. I mean, I don't sit down and compare my costs of living against the government's official measure then tut at key differences, and I'm the sort of person who would. So I wonder how much people care. I think people will care if inflation is said to be at 2% but felt inflation is up nearer 5%, for example. That would have me pissed off as all the policy decisions would be made with a 'never had it so good' time in mind when in fact times are tough.
Let's hope that doesn't happen, inflation is a worry for me, but then so are my low wages

No comments: