Monday 21 February 2011

Youth unemployment: finding your first job is the toughest task

I think there is some really important stuff here.
My fear is of a lost generation, and primarily from my own point of view. My fear is that having started looking for work around the time of the economic fuck up, younger people will soon have more experience and overtake me in my search for a good job.
This situation is made worse by those more privileged than I, far from unfortunate myself, who are able to work for free. I need to pay my bills, and during university had to work to pay my bills. That some people are able to work for free being subsidies from elsewhere makes this situation worse when many people are seeing experience, but the little experience that is available is monopolised by those who can afford to work for free and, on that count alone, need it least.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2011/feb/20/youth-unemployment-first-job-ema

No comments: