Follow by Email

There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget

Tuesday, 23 November 2010

fees and the student protests

Clive Stafford Smith, of human rights group Reprieve, points out that the margins of debt repayment (starting at £21,000) will deter many from pursuing low-paid but meaningful and important work. Students will have a disincentive for doing something really positive. Do we need more corporate lawyers and bankers?

This is exactly the point I always make in favour of funding higher education from direct tax rather than either fees or graduate tax.

I may also love Lily Cole.


I agree about the later start for sure. If I'd had some more life experience I may have worked harder in the bits between lessons rather than just contenting myself with what I did in lessons and in the library.

No comments: