Tuesday 12 May 2009

Expenses disclosure

Blog on expenses.
This is hard for me. I’m sitting down. I’ve taken some deep breaths and got my shower and darkened room prepared.
Fair.
Play.
To.
David.
Cameron.
Ick.
From what I’ve heard (never the best way to start anything, but neither is praising a Tory) Cameron has only claimed mortgage and utility bills from his expenses. Which is pretty much what i think expenses should be for, rather than Letwin repairing his garden tennis court.


Typical Daily Mail:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1180225/I-didnt-come-politics-whats-owed--What-Speaker-allegedly-told-MP.html
'I have been a trade unionist all my life. I did not come into politics not to take what is owed to me.'
It is, of course, very important to be able to prove these things. But then, never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

No comments: