Tuesday 19 January 2010

Cook to captain in Bangladesh Tests

Good to see Cooky as captain, though it's no surprise as he's been identified long ago as a future leader.
The only two things I disagree with are picking Collingwood and not picking Rashid.
Colly needs a rest, the bloke plays cricket all year round and is knackered. Let him rest. I'd give his place in the order to Rashid, who seems to have been dropped after one expensive over in a 2020. He bowled very nicely when I saw him at the Oval in the ODI against Australia last summer and should be stuck with. He is young and learning, and it may be too early, but he should be given a go. I realise that Tredwell did well in the summer and took something like 75 wickets with his off-spin so I'd take him too, but Rashid should be taken and played as the second spinner behind Swanny.

Anderson's knee worries me, and I would like to see him take the radical decision of retiring from limited overs games in order to prolong his Test career like Warne did. Too often people give up Tests to play limited overs, but I'd like to see it the other way round.

No comments: