Tuesday 19 January 2010

Why bother voting?‏

Listening to a thing on the radio last night before watching the snooker (amazing) about voting.

Most people were talking about why so few people vote, but one bloke was saying that British elections are decided by about 4% of the electorate give safe seats/marginals and all that. his was asking not why so few people voted, but why so many did.



One thing I thought was a shame was that voting is/was seen as a civic duty rather than something that really matters and makes a difference. I personally think the party of government makes a significant difference to the country and one I like to put my pennies in about, but there you go.





Well done Mark Selby, that was some amazing snooker last night, I even missed Match Of The Day to watch.

No comments: