Thursday 15 October 2009

London fare rises

I'm appalled by the Mayor of London's fare rises, that's a 30% rise in Oyster fares since he came in. That's tough at the best of times, but considering all that's going on at the moment, it's terrible.
I'm sure I heard something about Boris boasting about cutting the budget of his administration, well I can see who's paying.
Throw in the 'bendy bus' disaster (less capacity, higher price) and I feel that Londoners are being screwed by a mayor who's only interested in promoting himself to be prime minister one day.

Then all this 'oh it's the previous lot's fault' or "fares on national rail are being depressed artificially for election purposes." is rubbish.
It's about priorities. National fares are linked to inflation, rather than being decided on a whim

No comments: